Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 27, 2012

High Tea - a magical excuse to catch up with the girls!


Have you ever experienced High Tea?
I hadn't until yesterday afternoon - I can't believe it has taken me 34 years to finally tick that one off my bucket list!
My beautiful high school friend Jandy - aka Flossie, organised for a group of her close girl friends to unite over High Tea at Cloude Hill in Olinda, The Dandenongs.
The special occasion was a send off for her, she flies out in two sleeps time to teach English to children in a Balinese orphanage. What a wonderful journey awaits her.
We didn't have cucumber sandwiches.......but we did have china tiered plates laden with delicious treats.  Savoury quiches, sausage rolls, various types of sandwiches - and the one at the top was our absolute favourite.  Scones, chocolate tarts and lemon tarts - yummo!!!  All topped off with tea, lattes and some bubbling champagne.  The scene was perfect, outside in the sunshine surrounded by beautiful manicured gardens.
The most wonderful thing about this day, was that I was reunited again with a group of wonderful friends from high school.  The girls that I grew up with drinking home made ouzo, partying at Jooce, Metro, Barrel bar etc.  The girls who I can always have a laugh with.
Oh and Jands, I can't believe that I got my dress stuck in my underwear...... at least it wasn't toilet paper traipsing out........!
All the best for a wonderful experience in Bali, a time for you to "grow" and prosper, to teach some gorgeous kids our language, a chance for you to climb some rungs on your ladder in life.  You will touch the lives of everyone that meets you, your smile and personality will stay with them for eternity.
This is your chance to shine xx

2 comments:

  1. It was such a beautiful day and you describe it perfectly! I'm going to have to steal that pic! Thank you do much for your encouragement, support and love, you really do mean the world to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the most deliciously indulgent afternoon, I could SO do high tea, I think I'd fit in just fine. A lovely way to farewell a friend and what a wonderful person she must be xo

    ReplyDelete