Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A mini escape


.
The kids and I are just about to set off on the ferry from Sorrento to Queenscliff for a mini escape at Torquay.  You know the famous Bells Beach where the world class surfing competition is held each Easter?
I just wanted some time with them before I start my new job.
It's been one heck of a trying, crying year!
The long commutes for me for my past work, plus the early morning drive ups for mum's operations - and the endless other visits to her also. There has been days where my kids have been asleep before I have left, and they are back in bed when I get home again at some spooky hour.
So, this little escape is all about them being able to spend time with their mummy.  Their daddy will join us at the beginning of next week as he has to work crazy hours over the weekend.
I'm looking forward to daily coffee and treat dates with them, playing on a different beach, hanging at parks and not having to worry about rushing home to do housework. Swimming (in the indoor pool!), meandering different towns and shops, singing, dancing and basically having endless amounts of fun whilst creating some holiday memories.
It's amazing how much stuff you have to pack when taking two kiddies away.  Lots of nice and warm clothes - and I didn't forget to pack colouring in books, reading books, Lego and the Thomas trains and tracks this time.  Coops even made sure that I had packed a box of trains and his Gruffalo activity books!

The countdown is on, in 1.5 hours we will be on the ferry, cruising the beautiful bay in search of serenity, good family times and togetherness. Endless cuddles and a chance for me to just play mummy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how perfect Buffy and SO well deserved. You have been through the works that is for sure, hope you have a beautiful time away with your gorgeous boys, making many special memories xo

    ReplyDelete