Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, December 31, 2012

The year that was

I have seen so many people over the last few days say that they can't wait for 2012 to be over. It's amazing the amount of people that always seem to want the current year to be left behind.  Yes, we all have bad things that happen in our life, but seriously, we need to be grateful for the good things that we have going on in our lives - and the fact that we still have a life that we are living.
For the year 2013, I say, please just remember to be grateful for all the good things that you have.  If you believe that you don't have one good thing, search, lift that book, move that piece of clothing, trust me, you do have that......one........good.........thing.

For the year 2012, the year that was for me, I have learn't a lot.

- that no matter what life throws you, you can get through it
- that change can be a good thing
- tears come and yes, they go
- friendships will and do grow stronger
- things happen for a reason?Mmmmmm, I'm still not convinced on that one!

As I sit here sipping a champagne, I am extremely grateful for everything that I have in my life. I know that the future is going to throw me some curveballs and some of those, I don't want to have to deal with.  The year 2012 really tested me at times, that's what life does.

This year was one of the toughest years for my family. When we found out that my mum was diagnosed with cancer, we really didn't know how hard the battle was going to be. My mum is a fighter, I know where I get my inner strength from.  To be hospitalised 7 times in 7 months because some horrendous disease decides to enter your body, there alone, you are a fighter. To listen to my dad on Christmas eve say how much he admires his wife for her inner fight, it brings tears to my eyes.  No one, no one, should have to go through that, but we do, that's part of the circle of life.

And as the fireworks continue to explode around our house and my youngest son can not sleep because he thinks it is Santa arriving again, I am grateful.  Grateful, that I am alive to see the year 2013 in! Even if I will have an extremely tired child tomorrow!!

For 2013, I wish you all, nothing but healthy lives, good times and the ability to look for those grateful moments in your life.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment