Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, new challenges, time to make a decision

Will 2013 be the year that I decide to be a full time mum?
A mum that doesn't work three days a week, and feel like I am part of a circus - mainly the juggling act!
Do I focus solely on my family and learn for the first time since going from a double income no kids, to a single income with two kids in tow.............to stick to a budget?
Since going on holidays from work just before Christmas, this decision is consuming my mind.
For the first time, I feel like my family would benefit greatly with having me at home full time.
I feel ready to put some kind of career on hold until both the children are at school.
The thought of ferrying children between kinder and creche and trying to fit it in with my husbands shifts - well, it all seems too hard.
I am starting to wonder what affect this will have on the children.  How tired they will be from the juggling that we would have to do.
Then guilt kicks in - will they miss their friends at creche and hate me from taking them away from them? At some stage they will leave creche though, and new friendships always come along right?
Oh, and what about that extra cash that I earn? The freedom that we currently have to buy those "extra" things.
Don't get me wrong, I still want to work for one day per week - so if anyone has something in mind that they think I would be good at, please let me know. I'm a dreamer and would love to have a business of my own one day, but just haven't figured out what that is as yet. It would have to be something that would fit in with my family's lifestyle though.

But, it's all about happiness, my family's needs, and what will work best for us.

I think I have just made my decision...............ekkkkkkk, please give me some feedback and thoughts as to what you believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment