Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It's been amazing

 I never knew that it would feel this great. I thought I would feel like kind of a failure, but I don't.
What kind of career was I having working only three days a week anyway? I was working, but now that I think of it, it wasn't any kind of career.  I don't think a "career" will come back into my life until my kids are at school and I can work longer hours. Guess what - I'm now ok with that, the decision we made for me to not work, has reduced my stress levels immensely.

I feel like a different person, and today Will commented how less stressed I was.  All the petty little things, like Charlie crushing raws eggs onto the ground and spilling milk everywhere, would usually have resulted in me getting angry with the extra clean up work load.  Now, I am just taking it in my stride.  I have more time for household chores, and don't have to stay up late just to finish a basket of ironing. The most important thing of all though, is I have so much more valuable time with my boys.  We have been sleeping in, going to the park, spending more time on the beach and also in the backyard. We are not constrained to time, until next week when Coops starts kinder.  I have more patience with them, and more time for me to focus on my own fitness.  Everything that has happened over the past few weeks, makes me realise that this is the path my life needed to take.  Not just for me, but for my family.  They need me more than a job needs me. I need this time with them, and they need this time with me.

Check out some snippets of what we have gotten up too, it's been amazing!
Carnival Fun!







Beach fun

New Haircut



Play doh

Relaxing at the beach box

Water fights

Celebrating Australia Day


Gardening

Hanging at the Park

Australia day celebrations with friends



More park action



Beach time again

Family walk and finding a grasshopper

I know that there are always going to be highs and lows in life, because as they say "That's Life". There are going to be tears and tantrums at times (not just from me!). I'm just grateful that I get this opportunity to spend extra precious moments with my boys.
There has been change, happiness and belief for what we hope will be a wonderful 2013.
How has your 2013 started out?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, how wonderful Buffy! So lovely to read. It's always great when you realise that the choices you've made, were the right ones. These young years are truly so important... and with my big boy heading off to school next week, I am so grateful I have spent most of his first 5 years right here at home with him.
    Love the pics, I spy your little guy in a Button Tots tee, looks very cute ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so happy for you, i think this is the best decision you could have made... oh and my god does Coops look like Will in the "more park action" pic!!!

    ReplyDelete