Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 21, 2011

"My Floss"

One of the reasons that I have started this blog is due to the inspiration of my friend Jandy - I call her Floss!
Her nickname originated from my dad calling her flossie when she had permed blonde hair.  So, Floss/Flossie has stuck over the years.
This girl is a beautiful friend of mine, we have created so many funny memories over the years. I don't get to see her as often as  I would like, as we don't live just around the corner from each other anymore. However, our friendship is an everlasting one, we will be friends till the end - curled up in our rocking chairs, chatting about all the naughty things we got up to in high school, over a glass of our homemade ouzo!
Floss keeps in contact with me every few days, we usually send each other texts, emails or fb each other.  She made my family these beautiful coffee cozee's so we won't burn our hands when we are having our latte's. She is thoughtful, caring, loving, beautiful - she is a wonderful person and friend.
We met each other in high school and pretty much every Friday night was drinks at my place - Sir and Oma (dad and mum), were either there, or away for the weekend.  So, our place was always the meeting place. Gee we got up to some mischief, salvo binning, plate smashing (outside people's houses we disliked), made our own alcohol, toilet papering, party's at Glenburn, the list goes on............... 
One of our favourite past times was to be groupies for the band "Grunt" - we were obsessed and watched them at the metro, hallam etc. The drummer Cam is now with Natalie Bassingthwaite - a few of us thought he was hot!
We are good girls now though, we have our own houses and I get angry at people that knock other peoples letterboxes over!
Floss adopted our cat Wizzy too.  We did not trust him when we were going to have kids, he probably would have curled up in their cots and smothered them.  So, now he lives at the zoo with all Flossies other pets.  I know he is much happier there.
Through thick and thin, little beautiful Floss will always be my friend xx

1 comment:

  1. That has blown me away, what beautiful words. I'm so honored. and so lucky to be able to call you my friend. I hope we have many more adventures together before we share our days in the rocking chairs!

    ReplyDelete