Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stop and smell the roses................

Last week Will told me that it was time that I slowed down and "stopped to smell the roses"!  So, I have walked all the way around our backyard to find the roses, and we don't have any!!!
I know where he is coming from though - it is in my nature to just go,go,go. And lately I have been feeling exhausted from leading this kind of lifestyle.  Pre kids it was easy to do, I only had me and Will to worry about. But now, I have two extra little people in my life, and one of these I am the sole "milk" provider for.  So, I really do have to start slowing down and looking after myself.
I had one of those days last week, everything just really got to me, so I have now reassessed what is most important to me - and that is ME!  I need to take some time out every now and then, just for ME. I don't want to sound selfish, because the ME time I am talking about is just being able to go to the gym once a week.  I don't think that is too much to ask.  As Will said, I need to do something which used to excite me before we had kids. Something which was for myself and always made me feel good.  He was spot on!
Yesterday I went to the gym and had a great tough workout.  Feeling a little sore today, but I love that feeling of lifting weights, working up a sweat and your muscles feeling a little tighter.  As much as I am back to my pre pregnancy weight, I still have a mummy tummy to tone up!
 I have missed the moments of when I used to train hard and tune out to what is going on in my life.  I walked away from my session feeling like the old ME, but knowing that I still had my family to go home too.
It's amazing how taking just a short time out in your life to do something for yourself, makes you feel great - I know I will be a better parent for it.
However, it's not all about ME, there is no I in TEAM - and that is what my family is, a little TEAM!
Each day when I wake up, I remind myself, that I need to smell the roses at some stage throughout the day - even if we don't have any growing in our backyard...............

1 comment:

  1. If you don't make time for yourself you are no good to anyone. A recharge is necessary to keep up the energy. You need to not only do it for yourself but also to teach your little men that it's okay to put yourself (or for them to put themselves) first. You go girl! Smell the roses!

    ReplyDelete